Monday, December 13, 2010

Off to See Santa at Last!

Thanks to Wm Rowe

It seems like forever since the last time I had the chance to see my children's face light up at the site of the man in the red suit and fake curly beard. Santa Clause is a Christmas fixture that even the most jaded individual enjoys seeing in my opinion. The stores become more crowded and the prices of toys climb ever higher. However, the sight of my kids sitting on his lap and telling them their little heart's desires always makes me smile.

This year it seemed to take a lot longer for Christmas to come around for me and mine. The bills were hard to pay at times but thankfully that cleared up toward late summer and now we can enjoy the fruits of our labor as we bundle up to survive the winter.

I've got the kids out the door already. Once I finish this blog post and set my home security alarm from BESTHOMESECURITY we'll be off to see Santa. Perhaps this year I won't have to explain to the kids how Santa can be standing outside with a charity bucket and sitting inside with his perky elven assistant. They are very young, however. It is easy to convince them that magic is real and not just something to be seen on stage. That might be the best part of Christmas to me, the belief in my children's eyes as they experience the magic and wonder of the holiday season.

No comments: