Thursday, August 5, 2010

Added Rewards Of Praise

Guest post written by my buddy Royce Heath

Filled with anticipation, I pick up the cable tv remote and hit the power button. I just can't wait until the Stellar Awards begin. What will they sing? What praises will they bring? I simply love it! It's a gathering of gospel's greatest, bringing one grand rendition of a praise party. With hosts like Donnie McClurkin, Kirk Franklin, and Yolanda Adams, it'll be an incredible time.

Not until the early 1990s, when Kirk Franklin hit the scene did the gospel genre take center stage. It just wasn't commonplace before then. You couldn't turn on your favorite R&B station and hear gospel music and definitely, you couldn't walk into a club and hear it. But today you can hear gospel artists like Marvin Sapp, Smokie Norful, and Hezekiah Walker all sprinkled into the regular rotation of R&B artists. It's great!


Now back to the Stellar Awards. It's fantastic when my favorite artists win, but the live performances are my absolute favorite. When they do live renditions of their songs, adlib just a bit and the Spirit enters in, it's amazing! I'm up on my feet dancing, clapping, and singing. When they become transparent, you see their genuine commitment to God, and you actually feel their heartfelt praise. It's uplifting and fortifying. The Stellar Awards are more than just a show; they are a source of inspiration!

No comments: