Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Little Bit of Everything

Guest post written by Betsey Williamson

My husband and I have been thinking of ways to stay active since we retired, and so far we’ve been going full throttle. Last week we took tennis lessons, went bowling together, and took a leisurely hike in the state park. We’ve nearly worn each other out.

Maybe it’s cheesy, but we want every day together to be an adventure, so we’re already planning exciting things for this upcoming week. I think Jim wants to go to the beach, play mini golf and go bird watching. I love the beach so I’d never say no to that…the other two, we’ll have to see about. Ha!

As far as we can tell, we are going to continue this pace until we absolutely HAVE to rest. I hope my husband can make time to go in for his appointment Thursday to have a Miracle Ear hearing test done, though. I think if he got the hearing aids he’s wanted for a while, he’ll enjoy our newfound active lifestyles a lot more!

Soon, I think we might try to do some more things in Florida and see some new sights. And if I know us, we’ll canvass every inch.

No comments: