Thursday, October 28, 2010

Looney Tunes

Thanks to Jonathon Woods

What ever happened to Looney Tunes? When I was a kid, it seemed like you could turn it to like 5 different channels and watch Looney Tunes. Those were and still are some of the funniest cartoons ever created. Now you would be lucky to see them on basic cable, and you normally have to watch Looney Tunes on satellite TV from tvbydirect.com.

I think Looney Tunes was one of the best cartoon ever. I wish that kids these days could still watch them. Now the cartoons are all trippy and hardly make sense. Looney Tunes always followed a plot and had hilarious slapstick comedy for both kids and adults.

The reason Looney Tunes isn't played anymore, is supposedly because it is too violent for children. This seems a little ridiculous to me and I seriously don't understand how they can not play Looney Tunes but still play some of the crazy shows they do. Looney Tunes wasn't THAT violent. It was mainly slapstick comedy. Sure, Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck were constantly getting shot at by either Elmer Fudd or Yosemite Sam, but it was all playful.

I really wish that they would bring Looney Tunes back. Sometimes I will see a Looney Tunes marathon playing on Cartoon Network but it seems like it only happens one day a year. Let's hope they return one day.

No comments: