Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bowling For Life

I appreciate the guest post, Lindsay Valdez

I can't imagine a better time I've ever had in my life than the time I spend playing for my local bowling league. All of the teams are very good, but my team is the best; in five years, we've won three league championships and just might win this year too. Because the competition is so good, it makes beating them that much better; I even get bragging rights over the guys I work with because they are on the opposing teams.

I had set the home security alarm (Adt security information) before leaving my house this Saturday when I received a call from a teammate. He told me there was a state tournament coming up and that he thought we had a good shot of winning the grand prize of $100,000. I couldn't pass up the chance and told him to count me in. The team has practiced every day, including the time we spend competing in our league tournament.

Even if we don't win the grand prize, just competing on a team with my friends means more than the money. Of course, winning would mean I get to pay off my car loan, but that's beside the point. I didn't join the team to win money; I joined so I could have fun with my friends while doing something I love: bowling.

No comments: